Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Aboundant different from other church website companies?
- By building upon the power of WordPress, we ensure your site is always built on a platform that is well-tested, continuously developed, up-to-date, and familiar to thousands of developers and graphic designers.
- Unlike several church website companies, we have a non-discrimination policy when it comes to theology. So if you’re part of a progressive or mainline denomination that has found other Terms of Service to be too restrictive, you’ll feel right at home here.
- Because there are thousands of plugins available for WordPress, we can pick and choose from the best features available. If there’s a feature you really need that isn’t built in to Aboundant, we might just be able to add it.
- We know you don’t just need a website. Your church needs a web ministry. Half of our team have worked in churches, and two of us have seminary degrees in Christian Education. We’ve made it our goal to train you to continuously add new content and find new ways to expand your ministry through your site.
Does my site include a domain name and email?
If you’re buying a domain for the first time, we have built-in system that works with eNom. However, you are welcome to purchase the domain on your own from any domain merchant.
We also recommend that you keep your email service with your domain provider since they are so closely related. For that reason, Aboundant does not offer you email.
How can I move our existing content to Aboundant?
Transferring blog posts and media will require a more detailed solution. If your current site is on a WordPress platform, then you can use the WordPress import tool to bring in your data. If you are on another platform, contact support. There may still be a way to import all or most of your data.
Do you provide lots of design templates?
- widely used, strongly supported, and frequently updated
- an easy-to-learn drag-and-drop page builder tool
- responsive, so your site will look terrific on any device
- clean and elegantly designed, so your site is easy to make beautiful
- friendly to search engines
- easy for graphic designers to customize, should you choose to hire one
- compatible with most any plugin imaginable
If you want to check out Divi to see how it works, here’s a demo.
While we don’t provide pre-made templates, we do have a large variety of customizations you can perform, such as implementing a new color scheme and changing fonts or font sizes.
How easy is it to update an Aboundant website?
Can multiple people create and edit the website?
How may I use your graphics?
Here’s a summary of your rights:
[yes] Use images on your website; no credit required.[yes] Use images in PowerPoint and worship software;no credit required.[yes] Use images in print publications that are freely distributed; no credit required.[yes] Use images in apps you create, provided you credit Aboundant LLC.[yes] Use edited images (e.g. with added text) in social media.[no] Give away images to others.[no] Resell any images.[no] Use images in materials for resale, such as T-shirts.
If you have any questions about permissions, please contact us.
What about backups?
How secure is my website?
Aboundant has several other security features in place to ensure that your site is unlike to be hacked. You can read about these technical details here.
We're a really tiny church. Can you give us a special price?
Do you offer an affiliate program?
We have information on our affiliate program here. You can earn $50 per customer you refer to us.
I really love Aboundant! Can I do something special for you?
Awww…we love you too! You’re awesome and we love your website!
Buying us a pizza is unfortunately out since we live in different towns, and we aren’t even all coffee fans. So, how about sending us a testimonial we can use on our site? Or sharing the love on your favorite social media site? We’re so glad you like us, and we’ll keep trying our best to make sure that never changes.
~ Wil, Greg, Tim, Andrew, Kristin & Lisa